Saturday, September 5, 2015

In a contest mood

I have never won any popularity contests. Being the exact opposite of outgoing kinda puts me at a disadvantage. Knowing that, it may surprise you that I'm working on entering some of my books in what eventually ends up being popularity contests, which means I could really use your help.

One contest is still a good month away before any voting is needed, but I found a contest that took previously self-published work, so I entered what I've decided is my favorite book that I've written, The Witch's Web. The prize seems to be the company running the contest acting like an agent and getting your book published via someone who isn't yourself. There aren't a ton of details on it, but I'm currently trying to get my words out in front of as many people as I can, so I'll try anything once.

They say voting isn't everything, but I believe you have to be in the top 10% to move to any other levels, so please, please, please take a second and hit the little heart button if you like the story.

Link to do so: http://www.inkitt.com/stories/21913

And if you've forgotten what The Witch's Web is about, here's the description:
A day can really change your life. If Molly was honest with herself, her life changed in just one night. The one time she decided to be a little reckless turned out to be a blessing, and everything that happened afterwards couldn't take that away from her. That one night a miracle happened and Molly's daughter was created.

The Witch’s Web tells Molly’s story right after she gives birth to her daughter. In it, Molly finds her life spinning out of control when it’s revealed that the father of her little miracle isn’t just an average guy out looking for a beer after a long day at work. He’s really Jason from the Greek mythology stories her mother told her as a child, and he’s got a witch for an ex, who's determined to make sure he doesn’t have a family of his own.


And of course, one of my favorite covers:

No comments:

Post a Comment