Sunday, July 19, 2015

Summer of yardwork

I've lived in my house for eleven years now. The first couple of those years my husband and I played around with landscaping and general beautifying of our yard. For the last eight or so years it's been nothing but mowing the yard. This summer evidently is the year that all changes.

For weeks now our weekends have been spent in the backyard. First it was putting up a little fence for the dogs to keep them from running around the neighborhood. Then it progressed to trying to clear out a massive brush pile that had accumulated behind our garage, which had become a home for the neighborhood groundhog. We also built a compost area to deal with the many leaves in the yard.

Things are coming along great. Today we cleaned out a tree ring and reserved a quarter of it for our wood pile. The rest of it was filled with flowers - the first in our backyard for many years. I can't wait for there to be grass in what is now mostly just a dirt yard, so I can sit outside on my lounger and write.

As far as my last post, about submitting one of my boos to Kindle Scout, that didn't work out, which is fine. I was able to finish the sequel tothat book while I waited to hear back and I'm happy that I remain in control of the first book. That's one of my biggest reasons to keep things all self-published - I hate giving up control. I also hate marketing and self-promotion, which is why I still work a 9-5 job and only write as a hobby.

One of these days I'll feel confident enough to push my stories more. Until then, I'll probably be doing more things on social media. I'm thinking about offering a free copy of one of my books (the follower's choice) for anyone who follows me on Facebook to help boost followers. I think I'll figure out the details and post information about the giveaway when I get The Call and The Pull published in the next week or so.

I don't think I have anymore updates right now. I'm trying to figure out which project to work on next. It's between circling back to the Nightwalker, Argonauts and Daughter of Gaia series or maybe writing a story that isn't paranormal that I've had in my head for a while. I can be swayed in certain directions, so if you have a preference, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment