Saturday, April 19, 2014

Good-bye to an old friend

So, I felt it coming last night and sure enough this morning my netbook, which has been with me at least five years, finally died. I've written part of every book I've wrote on my little buddy and am sad to see it go. Thankfully, I realized it was short-lived and transferred my files to my network. I had been working on The Witch's Web solely on the netbook, so I didn't have a copy anywhere else until the file transfer - yes, it would appear I like to live life dangerously.

As far as The Witch's Web goes, I'm down to the last two chapters and am hoping to wrap it up this weekend. It will be exciting to read through it next week and see how things all come together. I'm still going back and forth whether I submit it to a publisher. I've written it to the length required for the one I'm thinking about, which makes it shorter than my last seven books. I think the story is still interesting, though.

One thing I'm really happy about is I was able to work the title I came up with even better into the plot than I originally thought possible. We'll have to see exactly how the web ends up working out for everyone involved. I'm going to be looking for beta readers, so if your interested in reading my latest tale, email me at amberlynnbooks@gmail.com. After I finish the initial edit, which will most likely be done by Tuesday, I'll be ready to share it with anyone that wants to be a beta.

Well, I'm still getting used to this new laptop that has replaced my beloved Nettie, so I better get back to it. Windows 8 has taken some getting used to, but I think I've finally got things figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment