Friday, March 14, 2014

March 14 Update

Made it through another work week and I'm happy to see the weekend. As I'm getting towards the end of a book it is sometimes hard to concentrate on anything else. Just ask my husband about that one since I've been completing my editing tonight and he's had to listen to me uh huhing all night. I'm not exactly sure what I've agreed to, and I'm a little scared to find out.

I'm hoping to get a spell check and grammar check via Microsoft Word tonight, the front and back matter added and think about what I'm writing for a dedication. I used quite a few names in this book that I borrowed from people important in my life, so I'm thinking this book was meant to be for them.

One of these people is my little sister. There's a whole story behind my childhood and family life that tells the tale about why she's so important to me, but it is a little more personal than I'm comfortable talking about. I'll leave it at we've been separated for about fourteen years and have just recently been able to connect more. Because of those years of separation, I don't think she knows how important she's always been to me and I'm hoping one day I'll be able to tell her.

The other person who I thought about a lot during the book was my grandmother, who died a couple of years ago. She was a very inspirational person in my life and I'm pretty sure I got my love of books from her. There are times I wish I had started writing while she was still alive, so she could have given me her critiques, but at the same time I don't really see her reading the kinds of books I write. She liked romance, but the paranormal parts might have had her questioning where my head was at,

With my goals for the night in mind, I better sign off to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment