Monday, March 3, 2014

Funny moment in writing

Most of the time when I'm writing I get so engrossed with what certain characters in a scene are doing that I sometimes forget key details. Such an instance happened to me yesterday. I was writing along and got to a point where I looked down, theoretically speaking of course, and the baby my main character had been carrying around was naked.

Not the best way to be introduced to a room full of strangers waiting to meet you. I couldn't go any further without rewinding and finding a logical place to get some clothes on the baby. I felt like scolding the parents for forgetting something like that, but since they are mere figments of my imagination, I thought that conversation would be a little too strange. Even for me.

This is my third post in as many days and if you haven't fainted because you're just now realizing it, brace yourself. I'm going to try to post at least a little something every day this month. It won't always be the most witty or longest post, but I need to get in the habit of keeping this page a little more fresh.

So expect some excerpts in the days to come and more insight into the current book I'm writing. I think tomorrow's post will most likely be some information on the different characters and how they're developing. Until then, don't forget it's read and ebook week on smashwords. Check out some amazing free and discounted books here.

No comments:

Post a Comment