Sunday, March 2, 2014

Between Blood

So I promised a post today and miracle of miracles I'm actually writing one. I worked on a cover and synopsis yesterday and I'm pretty happy how they turned out. I read the synopsis to my husband and he said it was cute, but gave away the twist. For any of you that have read my books before, I think you'll know that if I'm giving away anything in the description, there's at least one really huge twist going to be happening, and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm almost done with the first part of the book. There is going to be a time jump around the halfway point because without it, War and Peace would probably seem small. I'm aiming for around 80,000 words, which will make it my longest story thus far, and I'm feeling good about that number. If I can get it longer, I wouldn't mind, but I'm going for at least that.

Without further yapping from me, here is the cover and description. I'm shooting to have it all written and edited by April 1st, but we'll have to see how life goes.

Helena loved her family and the simple life they lived in the shadows of their mountain village. She was the baby of a family filled with her father, mother, two brothers and sister. Helena had never heard the stories of the things that lived on the outskirts of town, but when her family was taken from her by a vampire, she quickly learned things weren't as simple as they seemed.

Helena was nothing more than a kid at the time and if it wasn't for Thomas, she would've been lost. Thomas rescued Helena before the vampire that killed her family could get to her. He'd been hunting the monster and instead of trying to finish him off, Thomas got Helena to safety. He tried numerous times to lose her over the years so he could continue his revenge, but she stuck to him like glue.

Their duo of vampire hunters cut the way through dozens of vampires on their crusade to find the one that had ruined both their lives. When the day finally came for Helena to meet the monster face-to-face, she never expected to find him taking her away from Thomas without a fight. As much as she thought she'd learned about Thomas over the years, the fact that they had been searching for his brother the whole time hadn't been mentioned.

Helena understood absolutely nothing about the events happening in her life, or how she was, and had always been, connected with both men. Each man claims to love her, but in her eyes one will always be a monster and the other the love of her life. When brothers hate each other as much as Thomas and Cain, getting stuck between them is hazardous for anyone's health.



On a side note, it's Read an Ebook Week and I have two books for free over at smashwords.com. To get either/both Calypso in Love and Searching for Home for free, enter RW100 at the checkout. The links are Calypso in Love and Searching for Home

No comments:

Post a Comment