Monday, October 7, 2013

Writing in outerspace

It's been a while, but I've been absorbed by a book that I finished the first draft on last night. It's one of the sci-fi ones I've been thinking of and I can't wait to start editing. There were multiple times that I was towards the end of the book and needed to check on something I had written early in the book and I kept finding myself reading chapters at a time. I have to think that means it's pretty good if it can pull me in a week or two after writing it.

This story seems to be written in first person past tense because it decided that's how things were going to be. I really like my female heroine in this one, not as much as Nyx, of course. I was going to say the female in this one beat out some of the other leading ladies I've written about, but while thinking about them I started coming up with reasons why I liked them just as much. One of these days I'm going to have to run a poll to see what others think.

I found a group on Goodreads that was for authors looking for beta readers. Since I've had problems finding them in the past, I can't wait to see if I can find someone to do some test reading for me. The only thing I ever worry about when sending someone one of my babies before I have it published is that someone will try to make it their baby as well. I do want to make sure that my writing appeals to more than just myself and the dogs, but I am a little nervous not knowing just who is getting my work to read.

One of these days I'll become more trusting. I'll probably be ninety-years-old when it happens, but it will happen. A cover is calling me, so I can't write more now, but I'll have a summary by the end of the week. If anyone wants to do some beta reading, my email address is around here somewhere and if you pinky swear not to make my story your own, I'll send you a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment