Saturday, October 19, 2013

The books have finally started a war

I started writing Rhea's book in my goddess series this week. I made some decent progress on the first chapter and the next day I was tortured into starting another book. My brain wouldn't allow me to focus just on the one book and I kept playing scenes for the second book until I had to get the words down.

It got even worse when what was supposed to be a short prologue turned into part one of the book. I thought I could just quickly explain how we got to the point we were, but no. The dang characters just had to run there mouths and now I'm going to be stuck with a two part book.

I need to separate the two sides of my brain and grow an extra set of hands because I have the plot for Rhea all ready to be typed out as well. As it is, I am juggling the two books, lots of hockey and paper mache fun. The idea of separating my brain is out and now I want a clone, but of course talking about clones will only make me think of a plot to go along with them and result in another book, so pretend I didn't even mention that.

Most indie writers out there have probably heard of NaNoWriMo and I hope a lot of you are participating. I have only been writing for a year and a half and have written an individual book almost every single one of those months, so I've never participated. With the two books battling it out in my head right now, I don't think I'll be signing up to do anything this year, but I did want to mention a cool NaNoWriMo related item I heard about.

Grammarly.com is signing authors up for a NaNoWrimo entry that is community written. For someone that wants to participate in NaNoWriMo, but doesn't have the time to write a full novel, this sounds like a great opportunity. For more details, visit http://www.grammarly.com/blog/2013/nanowrimo/.

Well, I have to get back to my overly long prologue. I'll post again when I know for sure when Searching for Home will be published. I'm just waiting to hear what my wonderful beta reader thinks about it before it's ready, so it shouldn't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment