Sunday, May 5, 2013

Motivation

Some days you have tons of motivation and others you just don't want to get out of bed. I have, thankfully, never had any difficulties climbing out of bed, but there are days when I do have problems focusing on writing.

One of my biggest problems is having Internet access. Some people may call me a little obsusive compulsive when it comes to certain things, no laughing little miss Oshawa. Numbers fascinate me and I find myself finding ones to check on constantly. This image does a good job of summing my brain up.
I try to keep my browsers closed in the middle of writing sessions, but my fingers just won't let it be so. They want to check email, track page views on the blog, has anyone liked my Facebook page yet? (No, no one likes my Facebook page. I do nothing to promote that I have one because I don't want a few certain people - none of which are fans - to know it exists. Dang it, I think I just blew that cover), what are the other authors saying in that one forum I like to visit? If I didn't need them fingers to type, they may just find themselves in danger.

That being said, I am down to the last three chapters of Night Finds. There is still plenty of time to get the editing done before the end of the month, but I really need to just turn off the wi-fi for a while and get focused. Now, if I can just get my fingers to complete that keystroke combination. I should also work on making them not type the things that are just rambling through my brain. A lot of people probably find what comes out scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment