Friday, March 22, 2013

Stories that evolve from dreams

This morning I woke up remembering very vividly the dream I was just having. The great news about the dream is that it would make an awesome book. Sadly, it isn't a Nyx Slaughter book, but something totally different for me and more in the sci-fi genre.

A lot of times I find myself remembering dreams that played out before me like a movie or television show. I think they are really cool and I have most of them playing around in the back of my mind, or in a text document that I have paraphrased the dream into ideas.

The dream of last night actually made it past the text document phase and is being plotted out into a full length novel with three parts. A working cover has also been created, so I am really moving along. I expect it to be ready for my ARC, advance reading copy, group to read by the end of next month.

This is the general synopsis.

The bright light in the sky started as nothing more than a dot. As it got closer and encompassed the sun, the sky blackened and we realized we were in big trouble. The lightening bolt-like rays coming from the original orb hit the ground causing the earth to shake.

Everyone took cover in the closest basement. Why we thought the basement was the place to be, I don’t remember. Living in Texas and being used to tornadoes coming through town was the most likely explanation.

That was just three days ago. The aliens have arrived like all the conspiracy theorists always claimed. Sadly, their claims of the aliens already living amongst us were also true. Now that their friends have arrived, they are all coming out of the woodwork and realizing how close they have always been gives me the shock of a lifetime.

Oh yeah, I should have already mentioned that this is my story. The story of how I, Sarina Rogers, ended up the princess to the Gonthic race.


I am still working on the summary, but it is the basis of what the dream was about. I am breaking out the story into three parts. Two are in the past reflecting what the main characters lives were like before the invasion and then just after the invasion. The last part is going to be told in the present and highlights a dilemma the heroine finds herself in.

I cannot wait for the finished product. If anyone would like to be included in my ARC group, for this and my other books, be sure to click on the "Contact Me" link at the top of the page. Being an indie author, all the feedback I can get is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment